6 Simple Tricks to Creating Good Bedtime Habits
Let’s be honest – the winter season can be a struggle. It’s full of the flu, less sunlight, and yummy indulgences, even with the nicer weather! All of these things can have a really significant impact on your sleep cycle!
Namely – sleep deprivation.
The consequences of a sleep deficit are more than just feeling extra tired the morning after. It can actually lead to a whole array of problems including:
- Memory impairment
- Poor job performance
- Weakened immune system
- Weight gain
- Increased risk of motor vehicle accidents
None of these things are fun!! To help you combat all of these problems, we've come up with 6 simple tricks to help you get more sleep, which will then help improve your overall life! They are:
- Go to bed 15 minutes earlier than usual.
- We promise this one will change your life. It doesn't seem like a lot of extra time but laying down and getting those extra 15 minutes will seem like a huge difference the next morning.
- Brush + floss before bed.
- Again, this doesn't seem hard, but will make a world of difference. Having clean teeth and fresh breath will help you relax, causing you to fall asleep sooner.
- Read a self-improvement book.
- Not only does reading before bed improve overall sleep, but reading a self-improvement book can help you feel motivated and inspired for the next day. Thinking about what you want t get done the next day can help you sleep better because you will feel more productive.
- Spend time stretching.
- First of all, stretching is amazing for you at any time of the day! But, if you stretch right before bed, your muscles will relax and cause you to fall asleep sooner.
- Write down what you’re grateful for.
- Just like a self-improvement book, writing down what you're grateful for can cause you to feel happy and generate a sense of well-being.
- Focusing on your breathing and clearing your mind are two awesome tricks to help you fall asleep sooner and sleep more soundly.
Prevent sleep sabotage by incorporating a healthy pre-bedtime ritual so that you can ensure better sleep and wake up easily in the morning to take on your day refreshed and ready to shine! And always make sure you're getting a full 8 hours! Which bedtime habit would you like to incorporate more? Let us know in the comments below!
For more health tips, check out our Instagram fitfabfreedom!
-Tyler and Kelley