10 Health Benefits of Blueberries
Plump, juicy and full of vibrant color, blueberries are nutritious When it comes to fruit, they are among the world’s most powerful sources of antioxidants making them one serious superfood when it comes to your health! Fresh or frozen, they are more than just the king of antioxidants.
Here’s 10 more evidence-based health benefits of blueberries:
- helps fight signs of aging
- lowers blood pressure
- improves eyesight
- boosts memory
- keeps bones strong
- aids weight loss
- loaded with vitamin C
- reduces risk of cancer
- lowers bad cholesterol
- reduces muscle damage
Even though they’re small, blueberries prove that good things really do come in small packages! Do you include blueberries as part of your diet? In smoothies? as a jam? from-the-plant fresh? How do you use them? One of our favorite raw blueberry recipes is Coconut Berry Protein Shakes made with coconut milk and mixed berries!
COCONUT BERRY PROTEIN SHAKE RECIPE
- 2 scoops IsaLean Strawberry Cream Shake
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- toasted coconut flakes
1. Place all ingredients expect for coconut flakes in a blender.
2. Add ice and water to taste and blend until smooth.
3. Serve in a tall glass garnished with toasted coconut flakes.
- Tyler & Kelley