7 Incredible Health Benefits of Watermelon
Watermelons are made mostly of water – 92% water actually! But this refreshing fruit is so much more than water! It’s packed full of vitamin A, vitamin C, B6, antioxidants, amino acids, and soooo many health benefits!
One of our favorite benefits is that the antioxidants, vitamin C and vitamin A help to maintain healthy, glow skin! What more could you ask for from such a yummy food!?
Here are 6 other amazing health benefits of watermelon!
- Helps you hydrate
- Hello, of course it does! Any food that is over 90% water will help you stay hydrated but being hydrated will help you feel full longer!
- May improve heart health
- Watermelon contains lysopene, which may help lower cholesterol and blood pressure!
- May lower stress
- Because it is rich in antioxidants and vitamins, it helps lower inflammation therefore lowering stress. Plus, it’s so yummy so you just can’t be stressed out while eating it!
- May help relieve muscle soreness
- Watermelon contains citrulline, which is an amino acid. Amino acids can be found in many different post-workout recovery supplements, as well as protein powder, because they aid in muscle recovery! Having some watermelon after a workout will help you feel less sore the next day.
- Can improve digestion
- This one goes along with being hydrated. Because it contains so much water, it’s good for your gut health and can help you have healthy digestion!
As you can see, watermelon is way more than just a yummy, summertime fruit! It is jam-packed with amazing health benefits, mostly because it is over 90% water! What is your favorite way to eat watermelon? Let us know in the comments! If you want more health tips and facts like these, check out our Pinterest.
-Tyler and Kelley